Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Custom barrel

Title

Custom barrel

Good evening everyone. I’ve had an idea for an AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ve narrowed my search to a few companies that would allow me to achieve the barrel length I’m shooting for but I’m hoping maybe a few of you have experience with them to help me out.

I’m looking at: criterion barrels, Wilson combat, x-caliber, and McGowen.

I would love to hear back from somebody who has any input with those companies or could point me to one that will make a 14/14.5” barrel!!

Similar Threads:
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Good evening everyone. I’ve had an idea for an AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ve narrowed my search to a few companies that would allow me to achieve the barrel length I’m shooting for but I’m hoping maybe a few of you have experience with them to help me out.

I’m looking at: criterion barrels, Wilson combat, x-caliber, and McGowen.

I would love to hear back from somebody who has any input with those companies or could point me to one that will make a 14/14.5” barrel!!
    I have a 24 inch McGowan barrel on my AR 10 in 260 rem that I'm very happy with, anytime I've contacted them I've had an answer in 24 hours, a friend put one on his 308 and pretty blew a load in his pants over the accuracy increase

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Good to hear!! They seem very reasonably priced and there is so much you can customize compared to some other companies. That’s how I’m leaning right now

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Good to hear!! They seem very reasonably priced and there is so much you can customize compared to some other companies. That’s how I’m leaning right now
    I feel it would be a good choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    Run some ballistics for the 6.5C with only 14 inches of bbl. The bbl length will not effect accuracy. However it will effect velocity which could make longer ranges "challenging". The bullets terminal ballistics could suffer on longer range game also.
    Seems to me a 6.5C with a shorter than 22 inch bbl is counter productive. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Run some ballistics for the 6.5C with only 14 inches of bbl. The bbl length will not effect accuracy. However it will effect velocity which could make longer ranges "challenging". The bullets terminal ballistics could suffer on longer range game also.
    Seems to me a 6.5C with a shorter than 22 inch bbl is counter productive. --- SAWMAN
    Honestly it’s just for fun. You can still reach out and touch something it just won’t be the same. A short barrel AR10 looks good to me

Title
    Premium Member
    Understood sir. Even at 200 it will not bounce off paper. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2