Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    So I’ve settled on a load for my 375 whelen improved, with the 270gr Speer sp and 58.0gr RL15. It has turned in sub moa groups each time Ive shot it. I shot it over the chronograph today, avg velocity is 2512fps. I’m plenty happy with that.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Not sure why it took me this long to find this thread but it’s great that they are so similar! Nice to at least have a base to start at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Exactly! I started tentatively loading for this rifle when I got it because the 2 sources I had for data, were very different. Since I did the volume test, I’ve been loading and shooting it much more often.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Fun! Hopefully you can get it some in-field experience this fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    How close to 375 H&H are you coming with that ?? --- SAWMAN
    I don’t know if you still check the forum sawman, but I’ve got a few more numbers for you. As I said above, I’m getting about 200fps less (2515fps) than a 375 H&H with the 270gr. I am not at max, so I bet I could close the gap a little more. I shot a buck a week ago, and that Speer 270gr SPBT did an excellent job.

I just got back from the range and chronographed the 300gr PRVI RN load, it is not at max, but it was getting and avg of 2480fps, which according to my manuals, is about 120fps shy of the 375 H&H. It shot a 1.8” group, so I think I’m going to slow it down a little and see if I can get it closer to an inch.

It’s pretty amazing how close it comes to the 375H&H with 20-30gr less powder.

JTD