Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    From my son-in-law:
    Yes that's correct, if you put the top pin in first then the slide release ad its spring in you'll be good to go. If the top pin goes in between the slide stop spring and the slide stop it will cause that malfunction.
    Thank you I'll have to take a look at mine when I get home tonight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    I did just replace all the springs, except the magazine release spring. I only have two pins, so it wasn’t a pin in the wrong order.

I wondered about the little wear button on the end of the ejector spring. The replacement seemed too big, but Brownell’s swore it was right. Is it possible that new ejector spring/button combo could be the root of my issues?

I’m planning a trip back to the range this weekend, and I’ll try some factory ammo as a function test. And I’ll bring along the old springs (yeah, I kept the old parts as spares) to try just in case.

Any thoughts I should consider before then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    After talking with an armorer, it looks like it’s likely my extractor or ejector gone bad. Possibly underpowered rounds, but I’m not sure on that one.

On closer inspection, both the ejector and extractor have definite wear on them. And the ejector appears to have a small chip on the tip. I’m planning to replace both parts and see how it goes.

Title
    Premium Member
    What velocity are you getting out of these loads? That will let you know for sure if you have a "weak" load. Low velocity plus a fresh 17lb factory recoil spring can easily lead to stovepipes. I would run your loads across a chrono and start from there. You can either bump up your powder charge or get a lighter weight recoil spring. Lowering your OAL will also increase velocity (and pressure) without increasing your powder charge. 1.16 is a bit on the long side. I would start with the free option and try lowering OAL to 1.10 - 1.13 and that may very well solve your issue.

Last edited by Ombudsman; 02-21-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Hello all, thanks for your help. It turns out I had two things going on. I had a chipped ejector that was giving bad ejection across the board. Combine that with under power loads and you’ve got stove pipes.

Got the gun working right again, now to figure out the load issues.

I appreciate the input from everyone, it got me pointed in the right direction.

Title
    Premium Member
    I know I wasn’t any help. Lol. But I’m glad you’re up and running.

JTD