Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyotes.

Title
    Posted on a FB page and I have been told I am a horrible shot and need more practice. Oh well...

[COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyG View Post
    Posted on a FB page and I have been told I am a horrible shot and need more practice. Oh well...
    Most every yote I have ever shot tries to eat it’s ass after a good shot...shot placement looks perfect I really like the follow up shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    If you are running .223/5.56 I highly recommend the 60 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint projectiles. I get some good long shots in my area out to 400+ regularly and the zmax had too many runners and spinners unfortunately. I decided to try the Noslers mentioned and wow what a difference. they shoot sub 1/2 MOA in my guns now that I've got the loads perfected. The jackets taper from thin behind the tip to thick at the base. This aids in rapid expansion and allows the ass end to retain penetration weight to push through deeper. I have taken close to 30 since I swapped over and not one has ran or did the spinning. Have taken one just over 500 yards recently over a peanut field and he dropped like a rock. Weighed about 40 lbs. Have taken several 300+ and some as close as 15ft away. Every one of them dropped on the spot. The Noslers are boat tail as well and do really good kicking the wind. Hopefully Wes will start carrying these in the future so I don't have to give my money to places that take a week to arrive lol.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    I read the OP and immediately thought . . . 300BLK. But I guess he is talking 223/5.56.
    What will your range be ?? Called or over bait ??
    I guided for coyotes (+ others) while in Maine. To answer - - -> a bullet driven as fast as accurate,<56gr,BT if you will typically be shooting >300yds.
    From my 24" AR 223Rem (1:9 twist) I killed several hundred over the years (20+) using the 52gr HPBT SMK and the 50gr NosBalTip. Extremely rare pass thru with good bullet placement. Great for the sale of the pelts.
    Also,keep in mind the size of the yotes up there. Tons over 40,quite a few over 50,20 or so over 55. Two just over 60 pounds.
    I also killed two wolves up in Quebec with these loads. Both over 90lbs. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2