Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    Killed a lot of deer and pigs with 150 grain bullets loaded over IMR4895 with just about any hunting style bullet, been stuck on NBTs last few years but have used several others as well.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have yet to shoot a 150gr bullet out of my 30-06. I’ve used 150’s in 308 and 300 savage with great success. Maybe after I get tired of these 180’s, I’ll give some 150’s a try.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been playing around mostly with non-lead options lately in most of my rifles and ended up with a deal on some 150gr Nosler E-tips. Been working ok lately but nothing spectacular. I will say I don’t shoot this rifle that well but I really don’t think I’m to blame on this completely. This post is a good reminder to this. That I really should get off my rear and figure this load out. Hunting season is only getting closer every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

30-06 hunting loads

Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Ive been playing around mostly with non-lead options lately in most of my rifles and ended up with a deal on some 150gr Nosler E-tips. Been working ok lately but nothing spectacular. I will say I don’t shoot this rifle that well but I really don’t think I’m to blame on this completely. This post is a good reminder to this. That I really should get off my rear and figure this load out. Hunting season is only getting closer every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s a fact. I rush in the spring and summer to do all my load development. Once September hits and the kids football seasons are in full swing, Ive got precious little time and hunting season sneaks up on me

I don’t use many monolithic bullets anymore, and I’m slowly phasing them out of the rifles I currently use them in. They’ve always worked well for me, no complaints about performance. Through years of killing stuff, Ive had just as good of experience with standard cup and core hunting bullets. The Hornady interlock has been a staple for me, kills em just as dead, and they are cheap.

JTD

Last edited by JeffreyDeGraff; 05-27-2020 at 03:59 AM.