Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Her first deer

Title
    Premium Member

Her first deer

Took my girl hunting for the first time this weekend. Loaded up some components I got from Wes for the 350 Legend. 180 grain winchester power points. she was solid as a rock! Cool, calm and collected and waited for the perfect shot. Two decent sized does came in and she picked. BAM! doe drops right where she stood. My girl doesn't even flinch, stays right on target. Calmly slides over to the 2nd doe and follows her back into the brush and whispers..damn, almost got the 2nd one too..
    It's even more satisfying watching the excitement of someone taking their first deer than hunting myself. I think she's a keeper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    That is awesome. Congrats to her.

Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    I really enjoy taking others hunting every bit as much or more than hunting myself. Congrats!

Title
    Premium Member
    Great story. Congrats!

JTD

Title
    Awesome story.... Congrats!!! how did she do with the cleaning and butchering??

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    Awesome story.... Congrats!!! how did she do with the cleaning and butchering??
    She was right in there with the field dressing holding guts out of the way while I explained. We took it to a processor for the rest though..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    very well, that makes it so much easier to get hunting time when your partner either understands, or is there with you.... My GF is right there with the butchering and processing. I spent a lot of money on equipment, because we didn't spend money at the butcher. It's a good time mostly because the phones are down and we are actually enjoying each others company...

Title
    Premium Member
    Absolutely great story.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell