Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

6.5 grendel reloads

can having headspace issues cause ejector marks in ar platform? I checked my primers and no flattening or cratering of any kind. Im using Hornady brass once fired brass. Im loading 26.8 to 27.4 grains of ar comp. They are not deep marks but easy to spot on the case head.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Ejector marks are pretty common in AR’s.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southbraves1983 View Post
    can having headspace issues cause ejector marks in ar platform? I checked my primers and no flattening or cratering of any kind. Im using Hornady brass once fired brass. Im loading 26.8 to 27.4 grains of ar comp. They are not deep marks but easy to spot on the case head.
    Check out Johnny's reloading bench on YouTube, he has a video on how to fix that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

Title
    Premium Member
    When the 6.5G was completely proprietary,back in 2004 or 5,I talked to Bill Alexander on the phone about this (HIS) chambering. He had initial problems with accuracy until he happened apon a certain powder.
    I cannot remember the powder that he told me about but it was an "older" powder. Thinking there has been about 200 "new and better" powders pushed onto the market since then . . . including the military stuff,short cuts,etc,etc.
    Thinking on it . . . I was talking to him about his Beowulf so discounted the Grendel powder recommendation.
    Maybe BALC2,380,or 335 ??? ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2