Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyd's Stocks

Title
    Premium Member
    The bolt will just have a serial number. On the receiver under the scope mount will have the info you are looking for. Sometimes there will be something on the left side of the action above the stock, but not always.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Generally speaking, there are a ton of Mauser actions made by a myriad of manufacturers, yes there should be a banner on the top of the front bridge that will give you clues as to who made the action and for what country. That is unless it was ground off by bubba which is a distinct possibility too. I've come across smiths who flat out won't work on any Mauser except FNs because there are so many out there and so many different makers that it can be near impossible to know the metallurgy and quality of a given action, just too much liability.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you guys, I guess I may never know what this is. The only markings visable on it are the serial number on both the bolt and the side just below the front scope mount on the bolt side. It is a simple Axxxx number.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Thank you guys, I guess I may never know what this is. The only markings visable on it are the serial number on both the bolt and the side just below the front scope mount on the bolt side. It is a simple Axxxx number.
    Does it have a thumb cut on the left side of the ejection port and the slot for ammo clip in the rear bridge? This would indicate that it is a military action. If these features are absent it is a commercial action.