Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Scumbag hunter

Title
    Premium Member

Scumbag hunter

I don't think I have ever been so mad at a fellow hunter. I have a neighbor that his son hunts. I have personally caught him twice hunting right on our property line trying to hunt one of our feeders. I'm not talking about he has his back to the property line and surveying his own property. I'm talking about him sitting 20 feet off the property line aiming at anything that goes to our feeders.

I thought that I put a stop to that a couple years ago. I get home from work and my uncle is hot. He's 73 and hunts the same spot every year. That's his spot and he likes it. He went up yesterday and surveyed everything getting ready for opening muzzleloader Saturday. Has a nice active scrape right in front of his blind and we have seen some monsters. Goes up today to put out some corn and there is a huge rock, probably 25 pounds, sitting right in the middle of this active scrape. I do a little investigating and I find where he has been driving down and parking probably 50 yards off of the property line.

I know he came in last night after dark and did that. Trespassing on private property and screwing with his hunting spot that we have invested time and money. And for what? Jealousy? My uncle went ahead and put up a camera and I'm going to wait it out at the house in the morning and see if I can catch the scumbag again but this time I'm going to get the game warden and sheriff involved.

Sorry I needed to vent.

Similar Threads:
    I reload to save money. Hmmm.. that didn't work out quite as well as I planned.

Title
    Premium Member
    Don't blame you one bit for being pissed.
    Old,shitty game camera in plane view,with another cam watching that one plus your spot if you can. You might just get a pic of someone stealing it or trying to disable it.
    And if the intruder has a firearm in his possession . . . that is a felony . . . at least down here.
    I hate to see shit like this. I have had to deal with this several times in the past. One recommendation - -> as you stated,get law enforcement involved. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    There seems to be getting more and more.....

this is why it is so hard to find people to let you hunt private land.... dirtbags.

Title
    Premium Member
    I understand the frustration, been dealing with for yrs,I hunted the same spot,or within 60 of same spot for 40 + yrs and now we get hunters crowding us because we have food plots now,well I am done there and have 60 acres to myself,with a neighbor with the same,we shall see how it goes...
    I agree with law,and wardens get involved if nothing else you will get a stronger message across

Title
    Premium Member
    Make sure and hide that camera well. Last year one of my cameras was out and had been in the same spot for months, first day of the season I cruise the property and go to check my cameras while I'm there. As I'm approaching the NE corner of the property I notice a ladder stand in a tree on the adjoining property, no biggy not my place and don't think anything of it till I get to where my camera was hung, it's not anymore, it's down in a puddle of water near where I hung it open with a big muddy footprint in the middle of it. My guess is the neighbor either shot something on my place or had to go retrieve something that ran there after he shot, noticed the camera in the process and figured he'd destroy it rather than get busted for trespassing.

Title
    Premium Member
    Wow. I hate hearing all these stories. Ive had several instances of vandalism and theft, I guess that’s just becoming part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    This is why camera looking at camera is great when set up properly. I have done this in the past and has worked every time.
    Save them old cameras guys. They will come in handy one day. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2