Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Full length bushing dies

Ok dumb question… there are full length sizing dies that use interchangeable bushings to size the neck. I was doing some reading on 243 lbc, and one guy stated he used 6.5 grendel bushing dies with the correct bushing to make his cases? Is this a real thing or a load of horse hockey? Any input would be great. I have wanted several wildcats for years (22-243, 6-06, 22-06, maybe even 243-264 win mag). Any insight would be greatly appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm currently in Eastern Montana where the coyotes are thick and the shots can get long.
    I have no valid input on your question, I'm sorry. But... I do have a 22-243 Middlestead & bought a used die set (I'm not sure the brand but it's custom). It's an awesome cartridge. I'm pushing the 75gr ELD-M at 3400fps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The bushings are used just for sizing the neck. You get different bushings based n the thickness of the case wall at the mouth. Each die is caliber specific. I’ve never swapped around different rounds in the same die.

Title
    Premium Member
    Now that I read up on the round I guess it’s possible. Why not just shoot a 6.5 Grendel? What is going to be the benefit of the 243 lbc over what’s already available?

Title
    Premium Member
    As long as the chamber dimensions are the same for the 2 different cartridges (not the neck obviously) then that is a very viable way to go.

JTD