Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Tungsten shotshell recommendation

I need some advice for tungsten shotshells. I’ve been shooting steel for years and killed my fair share of ducks and geese. I’d like to step up to tungsten but know nothing about it. Quick research shows only a few brands that make full tungsten loads. Does anyone have a favorite that has been good to them? Winchester SX2 3.5” and a kicks full choke for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    IMO stick with steel. If other than steel,prepare for sticker shock.
    If you want more range and/or a tighter pattern with less flyers,have the guns forcing cones relieved.
    You could also try different sizes shot on a target board. Less pellets per shot,but bigger pellets just might give you the results that you are looking for.
    When they first came out with that Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote load,I tried it for the called yotes that hung up at 60-70yds. They did not perform any better that my 12ga,3",#2 lead ammo that I used to use for high flying geese. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    IMO stick with steel. If other than steel,prepare for sticker shock.
    If you want more range and/or a tighter pattern with less flyers,have the guns forcing cones relieved.
    You could also try different sizes shot on a target board. Less pellets per shot,but bigger pellets just might give you the results that you are looking for.
    When they first came out with that Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote load,I tried it for the called yotes that hung up at 60-70yds. They did not perform any better that my 12ga,3",#2 lead ammo that I used to use for high flying geese. --- SAWMAN
    I may end up with steel at the end of the day but extending my range on the second and third shot sounds great to me. You’re right lead is an absolute hammer. Steel is not though and when the geese circle your spread at 60-70 I’d love to be able to drop a few instead of bird watching. I’ve patterned my gun with BB for geese and #4 for ducks and it’s good but only to 40 ish yards. I guess it’s just frustrating spending a tank of gas to scout the night before. Along with 3-4 hours. Then waking up at 0300 to setup and only getting a few shots off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk