Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

223 remington with 2000mr

Hey guys i was given 40lbs of alliant 2000mr. After looking online and through my loading manual I cant seem to find any load data for a lighter weight projectile. I mainly load 55gr plinking rounds and it seem that this powder is only able to do the 68 and above range. Is there a safe way i can load them or do i have 40lbs of powder i cant use? Thanks guys!

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Alliant 2000MR burns too slow for the pressure to build properly with lighter projectiles. It does best with longer heavier projectiles. If you shoot 70-80gr stuff it excels in that department, as well as in .308.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David.wagoner View Post
    Hey guys i was given 40lbs of alliant 2000mr. After looking online and through my loading manual I cant seem to find any load data for a lighter weight projectile. I mainly load 55gr plinking rounds and it seem that this powder is only able to do the 68 and above range. Is there a safe way i can load them or do i have 40lbs of powder i cant use? Thanks guys!
    Try using a magnum primer and max or close to max load

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"