Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Hornady Calibration Weights

Has anyone checked to see how good the Calibration weights are for the Hornady Digital Scales?

I have used milligram scale I was going to set up for my reloading room but when I checked the scale weights were not as spot on as I had hoped.

The 10g weight was .1gr off, and the 50g weight was .3gr off.

Could be the scale, but I was wondering if anyone else thought to check, since the calibration weighs supplied don’t come with a certificate of calibration, who knows to what standard they are good to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    True. Thats why I got a certified weight off of ebay for my FX120i. This brand comes up for sale occasionally. https://www.troemner.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwv8nqBRDGARIsAHfR9wD-NogIJZywrbUNhm1ju6AtBc5NUh8QFkSOUYRcpefXULdGJQkrnG waAmVIEALw_wcB

Title
    Premium Member
    How do they check the "certified" weights ??
    THEN - - -> how do they calibrate that machine ??
    Kinda like a clock. How do you check the one that checks the one that checks the one,etc,etc,etc ??
    Does your scale load safe loads ?? Are they accurate in your guns ?? THEN . . . ?? --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Precision matters.

Does it have a practical effect on P/V in a rifle? Probably not. Hornady says their scales are only accurate to +/- .1gr . That pretty typical of all strain gauge based reloading scales.
    These scale are used all over the place, from home reloading to commercial reloaders. So there’s nothing wrong with that.

The reason I invested in a milligram scale is to get that second decimal place accuracy when checking loads. It’s pretty typical that you want you measuring instrument to be 10 times more accurate then the least significant digit. So being off by .1gr is a big deal when you want to be accurate to .01gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    This I have witnessed . . first hand - - -> a world class benchrest shooter,with a powder thrower,"C" clamped to the tailgate of his truck,throwing the charges that he was gonna shoot,in about 2 hours.
    This . . . with no scale involved. Just throw,seat bullet (with an arbour type press),one round at a time. ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2