Quote Originally Posted by Shamr0ck View Post
I stand corrected. The reg does say that TSA locks can be used.

Here is the link to the current TSA reg:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transport...and-ammunition

Personally, given the investment made in her rifles, there is no way I’d use a lock which could be opened by another.

Happy to get a phone call and provide the key should the TSA want to inspect the inside of the case rather than wonder who’s been inside the case and whether the rifles were returned to the way we packed them prior to surrender to the airline.

As she heads off to college as an NCAA shooting athlete, I’m interested to see how the team handles air travel with the rifles - can always learn something...

ETA - ULine makes REALLY long zip ties which I’ve seen some athletes use around the girth of the case. Provides a quick visual indication if someone tried to gain access to the case. Make sure you pack wire cutters in another checked bag though as they don’t come off without being cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have flown with both types of locks. If you are in a rush (traveling with my four kids) TSA is much faster. Otherwise I still have to bring the case to the x-ray machine and wait my turn and make sure its ok. Either way I have my own trigger locks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk