Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Teaching Them Right

GLS Top Shot.JPG

First trip to the range with my sons first AR15 build. This is what he chose to wear so guess I've done something right. Still not sure how he can shoot hunched over like that but he does.

Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Premium Member
    May want to bring a couple sand bags to get a bit more upright and not sure if it would help but I usually use a 10 round magazine when at the range to keep the magazine off the bench when using bags if you would push the gun a bit more forward. Good to get them interested in shooting while young. Was at the range yesterday and someone brought a guy, probably 42 years old that had never even shot a .22lr before but he just inherited one so was out shooting.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    ^^^^ Sound advice,that.
    I have absolutely no use for a mag over 20. 99% of my AR mags in 223/5.56,6.8,300BLK. 308Win are 5 shot for range and deer,or 10 shot for coyotes and hogs.
    Even in SE Asia,when given the opportunity to use 30's . . . we stuck with 20's in our XM177E2's. ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Nice!

Title
    Premium Member
    I normally don't shoot rifles at this range but just wanted to function test and get scope rough sighted in. Normally would be shooting from bags or bi pods with 10 round mags but I wasn't thinking. A couple months back was at this same range and one of the new guys working there had never shot a gun until a couple days before when another member let him shoot his 9mm. I had my Ruger 45LC and offered him to shoot and he did good considering.