Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Ballistic apps

Title
    Premium Member

Ballistic apps

What is a good ballistic app to use for long range shooting. We are just getting in to long range and there is so much out there. Looked around and didn't see any discussion on these yet, or maybe I missed it. Been known to do this a lot. There is a lot of learning for this type of shooting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I've been using Strelok Pro. Works great.

Title
    Premium Member
    I use Applied Ballistics. It was developed by renowned long range shooter Brian Litz. I have used it to connect at 1,240 meters with a 308, and 2,200 meters with a 338 Lapua. There is a one time $20 download fee but it is totally worth it. Inside the app is a huge bullet library with BCs and everything you need for long range calculations. He has also measured true BC throughout the entire flight path and velocity range. Those can be purchased for an individual bullet for one or two dollars each. You can store several rifle and bullet combinations. The atmosphere conditions when you zeroed can be saved and the app automatically accounts for that when conditions at the range are entered. There are many more features, check out online reviews or the description in the app store.

There are other free apps out there, I have used some but Applied Ballistics has been the best for me.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks, will look at these.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have been using JBM Calculations (Trajectory) for some years now. For me,it is perfect for hunting apps. This is great for hunting and general target out to 600 or so.
    Back in my day of 1000yds with my .30-378Wby there were very few apps available. I used the older Barnes. ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2