Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Marines holy grail

I have posted on here about building shadow boxs, that i started with my dad before he passed away dec 5 last year. One the members on here hooked me up with few flags(thanks again) use only on special boxs. Built a shadow box for a VETERAN who proudly showed off his box and work done. Get this phone call asking would i build a 20x30 box for a made by veterans for veterans charity. They bought the cherry wood plexiglass i just donate time labor. Thought couple days then told him yes if buying material hurting financially he said yea.didnt ask why so big or nothing. Ask do i mount to said yes said mailing stuff to me.got it friday and my heart dropped. It's an original battle map of iwa jima. Shows which ship to sell what time starts ends then units assault and where. Hand full these maps exsist 2 in museums 1 navy other Marine Corps museum.other private collectors. Also on map is 6 of the oringal men who raised flag saying had high ground. Then some navel officer sent others to raise second flag to be larger and photographer to take the iconic Marine image. On it is other medal of honor winners. Had ask him if i can make copy he said yea.autographs wouldnt be good since copied. But the map to me, priceless

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Title
    Wow! That's super cool!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Please Bobby . . . with due respect . . . there are no Medal of Honor "winners".
    This is earned,or received.
    Great map and great piece of history. --- SAWMAN

Last edited by SAWMAN; 07-21-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Wow! That's super cool!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Yea i think it's super cool. But same time knowing this maps history, and how iconic/ historical this battle was and is thats steep in Marine Corps history. You can show flag raising at mt sarabachi to anyone except maybe few not taught in school. They know Marine Corps. Dc's monument to Marines is raising flag. And being asked to build shadow box for it. Map says was a Col. Map wanna research to see how high he rose in Corps or was he shit canned for taking map. In cornor its marked top secert and later declassified and 2 lines over top secret lol

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Please Bobby . . . with due respect . . . there are no Medal of Honor "winners".
    This is earned,or received.
    Great map and great piece of history. --- SAWMAN
    I know this from military but is there title they didnt do for award but for there brothers next to them to live without reguard of there own safety or life

Title
    Premium Member
    A real piece of history for sure !!

Title
    wow..... that is pretty sweet

Title
    Premium Member
    Really neat.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Really freaking cool

Sent from my Glade Fresh! Plugin using Tapatalk