Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Primer question

Title
    Premium Member

Primer question

I acquired : 500 large pistol #155 magnum primers and 1000 Winchester WSPM magnum pistol primers. Can either be used in regular 9mm and small primer 45cal reloads?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Can Not use large primers in a small primer pocket, they just will not fit. All the manuals state not to use magnum primers unless called for in load data. However, I have been using Remington 5 ½ primers in 9mm and 38spl for about 32 years without any issue what so ever. Experts (people that say they know more than me) tell me that Rem 5 ½ are magnum primers. Even though Remington does not identify them as such, and there is no definition of what is, or is not, a mag primer. So, I would use the WSPM primers after a careful load work up. But do so at your own risk just like I am.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m not sure if this is a real post or not because of the hyperlink that I really want to click on, but I’m afraid of what will pop up. You also will get more answers from starting your own post rather than hyjacking this one. When seating primers you want them flush or a couple thousands deeper than flush. If they are to deep your firing pin might not hit it hard enough.
    Were they deep as factory loads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk