Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Don't do this, add brass light parts to your 9mm cases for cleaning

My wife worked 2 hours cleaning these little brass round parts that go on some exterior lights that she took apart to clean, and she painted the large main body withsome shiny brass colored paint to make them look fresh, and they were still discolored.

I told her give the little round brass nuts and acorns to hold the lights together to me and I'd run in the stainless Franford wet tumbler. Couldn't just do them as it seemed a waste since it was only a handful of parts so I took a large bag of 9mm brass and poured in with them. Son of a gun, should have checked sizing first as they were exactly the same size as the inside of the casing and I had to look at about 700 to 800 cases to make sure I got them all out. They were just loose enough to slide in but not out without either banging the brass or screwing into the female threaded end that most were pointing out. Took a while to find all 30 or so of them. Luckily the wife had counted them and knew that I did find them all.