Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 357 maximum

Title

357 maximum

I honestly think this round should be more popular. 158g Hornady xtp over 19.6g and 20g of H110.
    These are for my father in law and his bull barrel contender. I'll be delivering them to him tomorrow and will get to shoot a few.
    I'll have a video on my YouTube channel if anybody would like to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/1bigbrown1ify

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    This chambering has been around for quite some time. I believe that it was origionally designed for/used by the silhouette shooters.
    Wondering how this compairs to the new 350Legend ?? --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    I was thinking the same about the legend.. but that's off a 223 case. (Might be wrong)
    I would've bought a barrel from primary arms if they had them in stock yesterday. Yes the max was used for silhouette shooters.

Title
    Premium Member
    When I had my 10” contender 357 maximum barrel, I shot a bunch 158 and 180gr xtp’s from it. I regret letting that one go. I’m currently looking at getting a cheap single shot rifle in 357 magnum to get teamed out to 357 maximum.

JTD

Title
    I wish I owned his contender set up.. I think he has 5 different barrels for it. He wants me to see if I can find a lever action rifle in this 357 max.. haven't searched gun broker yet..

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve never seen a levergun in the maximum. I wonder if it is because the case would be too long and cause feeding issues.

JTD

Title
    That's a good point Jeff.. I thought Henery rifle did have one..

Title
    Premium Member
    The Legend is basically a wash with the Maximum from what I have read. I jumped on the Bushmaster, so I doubt I will buy into the Legend.

Title
    Premium Member
    Any one loading for the .350 Legend yet? I've fired both the Winchester 145's and the 180's. these were first rounds thru a new upper. The AR upper seemed to like the 180's much better. 180's were 3/4" to 2" groupings, 145's were 3" to 7" groups. In fairness, first rounds thru a new upper, so will try again with some more breakin rounds. i think this will shine with handloads. hoping to 'adjust some 357 Max loads for the increased 350 Legend case capacity. Still am looking for loads with the 'newer' powders. Most data I see is older data and some uses bullets not available anymore.

Title
    Premium Member
    I own one in an encore with a 21” barrel. Loads are going 2170 FPS with a 180
    XTP. Sprints nice group at 100 yrds. Still waiting to kill a deer with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk