Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Carrying a handgun

Question. My father passed away in December last year. Since then my youngest nephew turned 18 years old and got his concealed carry permit. Cant buy handgun till your 21 years old. My sister who thinks expert at everything. Doctor lawyer woodworker mechanic you name it. She knows it all but can't it just tell you or tell you you did wrong. Question i have. She took some my dads guns, mom wont say shit. She the favorite child. Where dad passed away she gave a glock 23 think is. One dads .40 /10mm if thats the glock 23.(just know .40/10mm) was one the newest he bought before passing. Is it legal for my nephew to carry that handgun. He goes to college in month or so and said allowed to carry on campus. Is it legal to carry a handgun registered to a person deceased? Ive heard had to be reregister, i dont want him to get in trouble for his bitch mother thinking knows all. She took her ex's gun registered to him saying its ok/legal because they were married. Which a lie. Nephew a smart kid 2-3 weeks ago graduated highschool at 18, but took college class's while in highschool for architectural engineering and with highschool diploma got a bachelor degree in college. Believe all rules same on firearms but live in indiana

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Hall View Post
    Question. My father passed away in December last year. Since then my youngest nephew turned 18 years old and got his concealed carry permit. Cant buy handgun till your 21 years old. My sister who thinks expert at everything. Doctor lawyer woodworker mechanic you name it. She knows it all but can't it just tell you or tell you you did wrong. Question i have. She took some my dads guns, mom wont say shit. She the favorite child. Where dad passed away she gave a glock 23 think is. One dads .40 /10mm if thats the glock 23.(just know .40/10mm) was one the newest he bought before passing. Is it legal for my nephew to carry that handgun. He goes to college in month or so and said allowed to carry on campus. Is it legal to carry a handgun registered to a person deceased? Ive heard had to be reregister, i dont want him to get in trouble for his bitch mother thinking knows all. She took her ex's gun registered to him saying its ok/legal because they were married. Which a lie. Nephew a smart kid 2-3 weeks ago graduated highschool at 18, but took college class's while in highschool for architectural engineering and with highschool diploma got a bachelor degree in college. Believe all rules same on firearms but live in indiana

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future
    I would call the local Sheriff's Department.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Ok i just dont want him trouble he good kid

Title
    Premium Member
    I agree, call the local sheriff that has jurisdiction over concealed carry, at least they do in our state. I'm surprised he could get a concealed at 18. You can own a handgun, or at least you use to be able to if under 21 until our new laws, but the handgun had to stay at your residence, if not mistaken.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    If I remember correctly,carry restrictions are set at the state level.

At 18, a person can possess, buy not buy, handguns.

In my state (Alabama) a 18 year old can carry a handgun concealed, with permit.

Your state might be different, as others said, call the local sherriff

Title
    Premium Member
    Indiana you can carry. He has his concealed carry permit while in highschool, he just couldnt carry at school. I just didnt know if allowed to carry my dads glock .40 cal. In news fed yesterday guy in ny shot person or persons breaking into his home. That he was justified doing. But was being charged because the .38 revolver he used was registered to a deceased relative. Forget who it said gun belong to. And stated he legally inherited from deceased. Problem and reason he being charged with crime is not registering .38 outta deceased persons name and into his. Ny has some screwed up laws, my just be thete law. Will call local to ask thanks for info and advice. To me no better group to ask them those whose shoot on regular basis. And know some have had some passed down in here

Last edited by Bobby Hall; 06-21-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Not all states require "registration," as technically, that's a violation of federal statute. No idea about Indiana, though.