Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    I have a carbide cutter head in my Lyman trimmer and it still created a heck of a burr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well damn. That blows that idea out of the water. I guess I will keep on keeping on then. Some of my brass gets sharp like yours, but I haven’t had any problems (except a few cuts on my hands) with them.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    In my experience this would be caused by either a dull cutter(less likely) or more likely trying to cut too fast. Just like cutting wood with a saw if you try to force the cut it makes it rougher, puts more stress on wood and saw. Try feeding your trimmer into the case slower and let the cutter cut. And deburring until you have sharp edge does not hurt anything unless you take off so much you actually shorten the case which can cause issues with crimping.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog View Post
    In my experience this would be caused by either a dull cutter(less likely) or more likely trying to cut too fast. Just like cutting wood with a saw if you try to force the cut it makes it rougher, puts more stress on wood and saw. Try feeding your trimmer into the case slower and let the cutter cut. And deburring until you have sharp edge does not hurt anything unless you take off so much you actually shorten the case which can cause issues with crimping.
    That makes a lot of sense wolfdog, I will take a little more time and cut slower and see how that works.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ll have to try and go slower. See if that does fix it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk