Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Refinish stock or leave

I have an old m-49.. 22s 22lr single shot ithica .22 lever action. After cock lever you load .22 fire, but shell dont eject have remove manually. It doesnt have saddle bag. Just rifle. I was wondering. The bluing is pretty good most spots. Seeing how love woodworking was wondering if i sanded buttstock and forearm grip, would it hurt. Not expensive seen kind rare. But be more rare if magnum. But dont know where to look or see magnum just .22 short/ long. What internet said rare was length and low serial number. In 60s sold $20. 20 years ago i traded friend a pool stick for it. Sand refinish or leave alone. Has sone scratchs in butt stock and love walnut. Other thing thought build new butt stock forearm outta new piece walnut, put up old. And try find new shell ejector

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Personally I'd make a new one or leave the old one. To me the old tells the story of the rifle. Every scrape and dent is a memory someone has with it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a few gun that are in the same boat as yours. Mine are family heirlooms that I will never get rid of. This is how I see it. Because I’ll never separate with them I’m going to make them look as I would like them to look. Value isn’t as cool to me as my grandson or great grandson saying.... my grandpa redid this stock back in the teens....If I had one that didn’t hold a spot in my heart. Maybe one I traded for, I would leave it as original as I could. I like the idea of making a new stock and setting the original one aside. But this tells me you plan on using it so you must not be to worried about keeping it as nice as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk