Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Replacement fiber optic for TFO sights

Hopefully this is the correct location for this question. I’m trying to replace the fiber optics on my Springfield XDS. I have Truglo Tritium TFO sights, and all the replacement fibers I see online do not glow in the dark, unlike my current ones. Does anyone have a link to where I can get some of these? I’m unsure of the diameter ATM, but I’d like to find some before I pull out the older ones to measure the diameter. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I absolutely love my TruGlo TFO's. I have had them on my Glock 20 for some years now (IIRC about 11 years) and they still glow brightly at night and the fiber optic is still very bright during the daylight.
    I would reccomend that the first contact be with the TruGlo people. I would suspect that they will want to sell you some new sights though. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member

Replacement fiber optic for TFO sights

I’m really fond of mine too. I’ve had the optics in them for 8 years. But I’ve noticed that they are dimmer in the dark now. I’ve found them on FB and have asked through messenger if the replacements that they sell, glow in the dark or not. Hopefully I’ll get a response soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    As I understand it, this sight has both a Tritium part that is the "night sight" part of the sight as well as a fiber optic rod that gathers sunlight or other light for brightness during the day. The Tritium has a half life of around 12 years, so be careful on manufacture date when you purchase, especially through eBay and Amazon. If your sights are that old or older that may well be why they no longer glow as bright at night.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I know that trijicon offers a service where you send in your slide and they will replace the tritium vials for a small fee. I would imagine that truglo would offer a similar service.

As mentioned above though, the fiber pipe and tritium are separate pieces within the sight.

Title
    Fiber optics don't glow themselves. They gather light and transmit it to the end of the fiber.

It sounds like the tritium in your sight is nearing the end of its life. You will need to replace the whole sight.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk