Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Had a pretty good varmint hunting trip, Montana and Idaho

Went to Idaho first to shoot Idaho Whistle Pigs and in two plus days we, one of my son-in-laws and myself, shot 778 Whistle Pigs with .22lr, .17hmr and used rifles and pistols. Not really the most productive as we have had better years but still good.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by 72Camaro; 05-20-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    And then off to Montana were the weather was not cooperating so we had only one good day for rabbit and Prairie Dogs but Richardson ground squirrels we only shot a few compared to some years. First prairie dog shoot was starting around 300yds and went to about 450yds but they were skittish and had probably been shot at before. The second spot we stumbled on while looking for a good spot was of epic proportion as we started at 128yds and finished at 324yds and shot until we had to let our barrels cool and they kept coming up. With my AR I had a couple three kills in about 6 seconds, scope up and shoot, scope up and shoot, scope up and shoot. AR's are awesome prairie dog guns if you get the right barrel. Was shooting 50 grain V'max and Zombies. Looked like a massacre when we finally ran out of targets and walked the field, dead dogs everywhere. Special thanks to Montana Mike for taking us and spotting and giving yardage. We were dead on usually until the barrels got hot. We finished with about 900 kills for the 5 days of shooting. Probably more but we were a bit stingy unless we saw something definitive.

son-in-law

with Montana Mike

2 gallon ziploc bags of rabbit legs and backstraps shot in the morning in a couple of hours

Last edited by 72Camaro; 05-19-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    That sounds like an amazing time. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

JTD