Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Questions about Federal .30-06 brass

I recently bought a bunch of “once fired “ brass from a guy ( NOT FROM WES SAGE) and got a odd mixture of cases. None of this was disclosed before, as I was buying matching-headstamp, once-fired cases. So of the 250 piece I ordered I received: 77 that have already been decapped and resized (I even found a piece of .270 brass that has been sized to .30-06 dimensions), 26 with the “30-M1 FC 16” headstamp, as well as 11 FC cases that have brass colored primers. Maybe I’m being paranoid now but I’ve never seen a piece of federal brass that didn’t have the nickel colored primer surrounded by the blue or red primer sealer. All other brass that I received is normal looking with the nickel primer and the primer sealer still surrounding the fire’s primer, although lots of the primers appear to be flattened more than usual with a bit of cratering around the firing pin indentation. I’m looking for some advice here, as I don’t know if this is all something I should have expected, buying once-fires brass or if I should be asking for a refund. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Jbotto; 05-05-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    I've had some with the brass primer. Never had any trouble out of it.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    If the headstamps are not the same and they were claimed to be by the seller, that is not honest. Obviously what you received was misrepresented and would at least require a nasty E-Mail.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    Already sent that email! It wasn’t nasty by any means but I made sure he knew I was displeased with what I got compared to what I told him I wanted. We’ll see how it turns out. I’m thinking I’m done buying once fired rifle brass from here on out. I should have known better. I mean, I figured I’d lose a small percentage to stepped on/ crushed cases but did not expect this.

Title
    Premium Member
    I'd say - - -> just buy them here. Wes has a great rep to maintain.
    It's most likely right,if not,he will make it right. Buy here with confidence. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Yeah, that’s my plan from here on out, Sawman. This guy used to be local to be but I’ve since moved so it’s not a big deal anymore.