Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: scope problems

Title
    Premium Member

scope problems

I bought a Nikon black x1000. I bought warne high mount for my 6.5 grendel on ar platform. The scope is 4-16x50 and it barely clears the rail. Also, I have i think 8 or 10 full revolutions for the verticle movement. I zeroed at 100 and my zero is at 6 full revolutions so I only have 2 to 4 more revolutions left. Could this be bc it sits so low to the rail? any help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    The lower the scope is on the rail, the more elevation it will give you. My best suggestion is to buy a one piece 20moa mount to mount your scope. That will give you all of your elevation back.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    You can use a one piece Burris P.E.P.R or a set of Burris Extreme Tactical,Extra High (1.00").
    I use both and they are plenty high for a 50mm scope in either a 1" or 30mm main tube.
    Remember that AR's do not have any drop at the comb. So to get proper eye placement you need at least 1" high rings. And 1.250" - 1.350" is even better.
    None of this has anything to do with being able to align and zero your scope properly. Only thing that could effect that is if your pic rail was not milled into the upper properly and I have never heard of that happening. --- SAWMAN

Last edited by SAWMAN; 04-30-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    DNZ makes their “freedom reaper” line of one piece scope mounts (mount and rings together) that can have 20moa built in to them, that should give you a few extra turret rotations to play with.

I prefer single piece mounts anyway due to there being less that can come loose at the worst possible time.