Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Is it true

Title
    Premium Member

Is it true

Have a .410 over/under .22. Older passed down from uncle. He my dad had same guns as kids, when it wasn't a big deal and normal to let you kids go in woods out back, and hunt rabbit and squirrels. Believe it's a savage. Used it as my first gun to go rabbit hunting before i could litterly walk in deep snow. My question is.... Was told since single shot for .410/.22, that certain pistol rounds could be shot threw .410. Is this true or just hillbilly talk from my mom's retarded family. They all assholes. And when get a good gun or collectors gun. Like early 1800s stage coach double barrel. Mint they sawed barrels off and handle. To make sawed off shotgun 1\2" above legal.

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Title
    Premium Member
    I've heard the same thing. Don't know of anyone that tried it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    You could most likely shoot a Trail Boss loaded 45LC thru the bbl depending on the choke.
    I AM NOT advocating doing this though. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I heard .45 but not know. Figured someone on here be able tell me

98% wake up enjoying there freedom. while 2% wake up defending those freedoms.ty fellow veterans.past/present/future

Title
    Unlike the Judge handgun, there is no rifling in that .410 barrel. If you were to find a cartridge that would actually fire from that chamber, it'd likely tumble within a few yards and who knows where it'd go from there.
    I have a question; Why do you want to shoot a pistol round out of it?

Title
    Just because you can don’t mean you should.
    A .308 Winchester round will also chamber in a .410 barrel.
    I’m pretty sure that firearms proof testing will not be able to readily handle most pistol pressures. H&R was pretty good at explaining why they would not affix certain barrels to certain frames. Not sure if Savage designed their frame or barrels to a higher pressure.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajoe222 View Post
    Unlike the Judge handgun, there is no rifling in that .410 barrel. If you were to find a cartridge that would actually fire from that chamber, it'd likely tumble within a few yards and who knows where it'd go from there.
    I have a question; Why do you want to shoot a pistol round out of it?
    Only heard .45 would shoot. And dont reload shotgun. Just something else to take out and play with. Have a shotgun reloader got years back off a guy for reloading 16 ga since 16s harder to get. And before my dad passed he hunted with a Belgium made sweet 16 semi auto. But .45 was asking heard about and something to take range to reload