Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press Upgrade

Title

Press Upgrade

Hey all I'm looking to upgrade my ammo output. Currently loading for 223 and various pistol rounds, looking at either a turret or progressive, dillon is outside of my price range. Any recommendations.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I spent a lot of hours researching and watching YouTube videos with the mindset that Dillon was out of my price range and couldn't justify the cost of the machine. In the end, I watched Facebook groups and on here and ended up buying a used Dillon. I know that doesn't answer your question but I'm so happy with that decision I felt like I should at least point to it as an option. The other brands out there have some following for sure but there are a TON of reviews for fixes and lots of troubleshooting questions out there. I don't have enough patience to be constantly tinkering with a press to make it work.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Title
    Personally I have a Lee Classic Turret press and love it! When I get into a rhythms I can crank out several hundred rounds in a relatively short time. I’ve never timed myself but it is definitely a great option to consider and the price is just right!

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Can you use RCBS dies?

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DBrei1992 View Post
    Can you use RCBS dies?
    Yes you can! But if you have the Hornady lock rings on your dies they won’t all fit. Those lock rings are pretty big

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Great thanks!

Title
    Premium Member
    I second the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. I load all my rifle rounds on a single stage but the turret press has loaded several thousand pistol rounds without a single bit of tinkering. If your shooting 5000 rounds a month, go with a Dillon. If your taking a few hundred to the range every weekend, get the Classic Cast Turret.

https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...t-turret-press

Title

Upgrade

GaryS has gave you some great advice. When you buy Dillon presses you not only get a great press but you also get fantastic customer service. The warranty applies to new or used. The Square Deal B and the 550 are priced reasonable. I bought my first (SDB) a couple of years ago, traded it in on a 550 last year, then 5 or 6 months later I bought the SDB back. I now have two Dillons and couldn't be happier!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Hey all thanks for the input. I ended up biting the bullet and stepping out of my price range and buying a Dillon XL 650

Title
    Premium Member
    I bit the bullet and bought a 650 XL with ALL the bells and whistles. Got tired of trying to keep up with 2000+ rounds we shoot a week on a Lee turret (great turret by the way, still love it.)

Nul Bastardo Carborundum. 48th Assault Helicopter Company (Dong Ha) UH-1C gunships, I corps Vietnam (JOKERS)