Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Subsonic blackout

I getting ready to try casting and already have the molds for the pistol calibers I’ll load for. I have a 230gr Lee mold and was wondering about trying a lighter bullet, something in the 150-170gr range, just to save some materials. I’ll most likely be powder coating them. Has anyone had any luck with either the lee 309-150 or the 312-160 in an AR when loading subsonic? Mainly wondering about feeding issues or anything similar.

Also wonding about how well the 309-230 works for subs?

thanks for your feedback.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I just ordered a Lee 230 grain mold to try loading subsonic. Have you tried yours out yet?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Not yet. I’m currently trying to get things cleaned up for an upcoming graduation party. Maybe afterward I’ll have a usable casting space.

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally tried casting some. The 309-230 mold works pretty well once you get the mold warm enough, which seemed to take a lot more drops than the 452-230TC mold I was also using. I probably made up around 500 of the 309s over the last few days.

Im going to try powder coating them before I load any up though, so it’ll be a bit for a range report yet.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have cast and coated several. I haven't accuracy tested yet but did shoot some over a chronograph and into some paper to make sure they were stable. If it ever cools off I have several loaded to see how they group.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk