Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Corn Cob Media From Wally World

Do not I repeat do not use this for polishing bottle neck brass like the great nickel 223 a lot of us had gotten,today's job will be picked it out of about 250 cases,after asking more questions I was given some important sizing news on what size 14/20 grit for bottleneck cases,the pet store stuff will work for straight wall pistol cases !!LESSON LEARNED Always ask first

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    What exactly is the problem with it for bottleneck cases? More details please. Why is the 14/20 better, is it bigger? Smaller?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought some cob pet bedding from Petco. The grains were too large and got stuck in the open primer pockets. Luckily I run a universal decapper in the first station of my 550. I just bought some frankford arsenal media and now its getting stuck in the flash hole so I can't win either way lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    What exactly is the problem with it for bottleneck cases? More details please. Why is the 14/20 better, is it bigger? Smaller?

JTD
    The 14/20 grit is smaller and won't get stuck inside bottleneck cases.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    A simple fix for clogged flash holes and primer pockets is to run the brass through a universal decapping die.
    No such thing as media that can’t get stuck. While smaller sizes are less likely to they can still get stuck. Even SS pins and chips can.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    The stuff from the pet store is larger and will pack inside the case so you will have to dig it out,Wes told me after I had contacted him that you want to use a 14/20 grit corn media to stop it from doing this

Title
    Premium Member

Corn Cob Media From Wally World

I’ve had problems with the smaller stuff sticking to the inside walls of the case, and up under the shoulder. I have to use qtips to clean all the media out of the cases before I can load them. I haven’t had good luck with the Big or the small stuff. But I’m still searching for the perfect one.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I’ve had problems with the smaller stuff sticking to the inside walls of the case, and up under the shoulder. I have to use qtips to clean all the media out of the cases before I can load them. I haven’t had good luck with the Big or the small stuff. But I’m still searching for the perfect one.

JTD
    Same problem before. My fix to that was. After the media in the hopper dried throw the brass in for just a few minutes. It'll knock the media or of the brass. What happens is the oils in the nu finish and the mineral spirits i use gets the inside of the cases damp with oil and he media sticks. Or do as i did once and forget to turn off the tumbler and let it run for about 24 hrs. Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    IMG_1066.JPGIMG_1061.JPG
    The after and before pics ,it took about 4 hours to pick the packed corncob out of the cases and then they were wet tumbled

Title
    Premium Member
    They look good now

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round