Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

It would be nice if. . .

I'm reloading on a Dillon 550 that I bought last fall. Great machine - might be the best money I ever spent. I have it mounted on a riser from Inline Fabrication. I have the bullets and cases in Akro bins that are on brackets that I also acquired from IF. They are very conveniently located. It seems to me that there's probably a number of ways to run the 550 but you almost have to place a case in station #1 with the right hand and a bullet in #3 with the left. This is where I have a small issue. Obviously, the bullets and cases are positioned very randomly in the bins. Depending on their individual position when I pick them up, I may have to turn them around. I have a little arthritis in my hands and I've lost some dexterity. I'm also right handed - VERY right handed. I don't have a big problem with the cases, but when I pick up a bullet and the base is up and the tip is down, I usually have to use both hands to turn it around. It would be nice if the bullets were in something that position all of them with the base down and the tip up instead of helter skelter (collator?). That way I could easily pick up a bullet and take it straight to the belled case without stopping to turn it around. I can load at a rate of about 100/20 minutes with being in a rush so this issue is not a big problem. I just get tired of picking up the bullets that I drop on the floor.