Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caldwell Chronograph: This a current event. Ordered a Deluxe unit from Optics Planet. That was the very first mistake. Second the device would not work on my phone. No connection despite being sent two extra cords. Calling Caldwell customer service. The second mistake. Finally, got an exchange from the vendor. Got a RCBS scales that work great. I miss my Chrony that took a round. Looks like Chrony may be out of business. No more Midway, Caldwell or Franklin products for me. YMMV

Solution to my problem: Sportsman's Warehouse was barren of reloading stuff. Found a NOS Chrony Gamma Chronograph. Machine was in the sealed box. Took a crap shoot but Chrony worked great on the first outing. I have not used the printer yet. Goodbye to Midway brand Products.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli Terry View Post
    Solution to my problem: Sportsman's Warehouse was barren of reloading stuff. Found a NOS Chrony Gamma Chronograph. Machine was in the sealed box. Took a crap shoot but Chrony worked great on the first outing. I have not used the printer yet. Goodbye to Midway brand Products.
    My chrony is over 20 years old, still works great. They were good machines, but I heard they are out of business.

JTD

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    My chrony is over 20 years old, still works great. They were good machines, but I heard they are out of business.

JTD
    Chrony: I had attempted to call. The old number had been taken over by snake oil sales person. There was no response to email. All indications on the net is that Chrony was no longer in business.

Rant: This is the second time a good product has been done in by cheap made in China crap. Remember the Wichita rifle rest? That's in my experience.

I had good experience with my Chrony. The main problem is my shooting them. The last Chrony was taken with a chest shot from a 375 H&H.

I was glad to get this unit. There was one other Chrony in stock at Sportsman. Tempted, but I let it pass for somebody else.

Last edited by Mowgli Terry; 03-25-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Chrony: I had attempted to call. The old number had been taken over by snake oil sales person. There was no response to email. All indications on the net is that Chrony was no longer in business.

Rant: This is the second time a good product has been done in by cheap made in China crap. Remember the Wichita rifle rest? That's in my experience.

I had good experience with my Chrony. The main problem is my shooting them. The last Chrony was taken with a chest shot from a 375 H&H.

I was glad to get this unit. There was one other Chrony in stock at Sportsman. Tempted, but I let it pass for somebody else.
    My current one is my second. My first one took a 175gr 7mm partition in the eye. Clean entrance, ugly exit. 3100fps average out of a 7mm STW.

JTD

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    My current one is my second. My first one took a 175gr 7mm partition in the eye. Clean entrance, ugly exit. 3100fps average out of a 7mm STW.

JTD
    The old 300gr. Hornady RN @2600fps passed completely through. It was a case of DRT. Bullet could not be recovered but would have left an easily followed blood trail. The 375 is noted for one shot kills.

Title
    Premium Member
    The old 300gr. Hornady RN @2600fps passed completely through. It was a case of DRT. Bullet could not be recovered but would have left an easily followed blood trail. The 375 is noted for one shot kills.

JTD