Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adult Lego kit!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCoyote View Post
    Thanks! Have you had time for load development in yours yet?
    I've got some rounds loaded up and picked up a lead sled but the damn weather hasn't been cooperating. Last two times at the range it was ridiculously windy...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    I’ve departed getting a lead sled but I’m QUICKLY out growing my apartment so it’ll have to wait I’d like to see how well my guns shoot without a dummy like me messing up shots!

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    I've got some rounds loaded up and picked up a lead sled but the damn weather hasn't been cooperating. Last two times at the range it was ridiculously windy...

It has been rainy and windy here a lot lately. Today was more wind than I'd like to have when doing load development. Forgot my rear bag so was using bipod and my hand rested on ammo box for rear support. That was awkward feeling but I survived. Def not gonna forget my rear bag next time!

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I’ve departed getting a lead sled but I’m QUICKLY out growing my apartment so it’ll have to wait I’d like to see how well my guns shoot without a dummy like me messing up shots!
    Lol! That was my thinking as well... I've got my groups down shooting off a bipod and rear bag (prone) but I'm pretty sure I'm not shooting to the guns total potential.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I've never used a sled. Just bipods, rear bags, monopods, and my pack mounted rest. Led sleds look kinda awkward to shoot from. Maybe I'll get one or borrow one to try.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Damn I noticed auto correct jacked up “debated”..
    I normally shoot sitting in an office type chair (no wheels) using a bipod and rear bag. My range is indoor and the windows are up high so I can’t lie down and standing fatigues me too quickly. It’s also a bear to get to where the actual range area is so carrying a lead sled, rifle cases and my ammo bag is a tall order! Very tight spaces

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCoyote View Post
    I've never used a sled. Just bipods, rear bags, monopods, and my pack mounted rest. Led sleds look kinda awkward to shoot from. Maybe I'll get one or borrow one to try.
    I picked up Lead Sled Solo by Caldwell. Amazon had them on sale. Also picked up a portable shooting table so I don't have to lay on the ground anymore (getting to old for that crap...)