Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adult Lego kit!

Title
    Premium Member
    Mine is the the 1:8 twist optics match. Very excited to see how it's gonna perform.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Yes, I use loctite 620 to bed it. Variances in parts can allow for slight gaps and play between barrel and receivers, some tighter than others and even needing thermal fitting. I took one of my plinker 18" ARs and used it as an experiment since the best I could get from it was usually around 1.3" with handloads. There was some play between the barrel and receiver before tightening the barrel nut. I believe that Lil gap causes the barrel to shift slightly when firing. So I used loctite 620 to fill the gap, let it sit for a few days, then took it back to shoot. Groups went from 1.3"-2" size down to around the .65-.7" range with some being smaller. This was with a cheap barrel since it was a plinker. So I'm sold that filling the gap between the barrel and receiver actually does work. Will be doing it on all future builds and the others I already have.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCoyote View Post
    Yes, I use loctite 620 to bed it. Variances in parts can allow for slight gaps and play between barrel and receivers, some tighter than others and even needing thermal fitting. I took one of my plinker 18" ARs and used it as an experiment since the best I could get from it was usually around 1.3" with handloads. There was some play between the barrel and receiver before tightening the barrel nut. I believe that Lil gap causes the barrel to shift slightly when firing. So I used loctite 620 to fill the gap, let it sit for a few days, then took it back to shoot. Groups went from 1.3"-2" size down to around the .65-.7" range with some being smaller. This was with a cheap barrel since it was a plinker. So I'm sold that filling the gap between the barrel and receiver actually does work. Will be doing it on all future builds and the others I already have.
    Did you lap the upper?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Finished the build this morning. Passed the function test with zero issues.

Title
    Premium Member
    Looks good! The one thing I have done with all of mine is to change the hand grip to rubberized Magpul and now I use a Hogue grip for the last couple.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks! Went together nicely and passed the function test. Very happy overall.

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s awesome ... I’d love to look over someone’s shoulder doing a build. Understanding all the nuances ... good luck on functionality and accuracy.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Finished the build this morning. Passed the function test with zero issues.
    What barrel did you use?

I grabbed a Ballistic Advantage 4150 barrel for $100 during a sale. It came in a similar tube.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Thanks! Went together nicely and passed the function test. Very happy overall.

Thanks! Passed the function test with zero issues. Now I need to hit the range. Hopefully next week weather permitting.

Title
    Got the new build out to the range today. Shot and functioned perfectly!