Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

Hello from California but with a twist

My journey with the firearm community started in 2001 with my first pistol purchase, little did I know it would be the catalyst for things to come. ———-> Enter short version:

High school collision teacher: 20 years
    Calguns.net I.E. Leader: 5 years
    NRA Members’ Council of the High Desert President: 2 years

As to reloading it’s been a 2 year effort of gathering different equipment and of course a fair amount of research...... yea it’s easy when you’re set up right.....Lee is my go to equipment but I now own a Bonanza, Dillon Square Deal B and a 450.... all found online at California give away prices. Now as to the little things needed to complete any given reload?? Buy once, cry once.....Right!?!

I just recently found Sage’s online and just received a few days ago my first order.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    Awesome!!
    Welcome aboard buddy, and Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA Teacher View Post
    My journey with the firearm community started in 2001 with my first pistol purchase, little did I know it would be the catalyst for things to come. ———-> Enter short version:

High school collision teacher: 20 years
    Calguns.net I.E. Leader: 5 years
    NRA Members’ Council of the High Desert President: 2 years

As to reloading it’s been a 2 year effort of gathering different equipment and of course a fair amount of research...... yea it’s easy when you’re set up right.....Lee is my go to equipment but I now own a Bonanza, Dillon Square Deal B and a 450.... all found online at California give away prices. Now as to the little things needed to complete any given reload?? Buy once, cry once.....Right!?!

I just recently found Sage’s online and just received a few days ago my first order.

Title
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the forum. What do you load for? Rifle? Handgun? Both? Glad to have you here, don’t be shy.

JTD

Title
    Currently .223 is my constant reload, I’ve purchased dies from Mighty Armory... I started with the deprimming and swag die, I’ve recently purchased the MA223FL sizing die and prefer it to my Lee dies. CFE223 for powder and CCI primers. On a side note I purchased Win 55gr bullets when I started this venture, my numbers were all over the place with seating depths....

I’m now setup for 9mm and .40, Mighty Armory dies in hand, CFE Pistol powder.... at the next gun show I attend on buying primers.

Update: Add 303 British in the mix, my Son just texted he purchased an Enfield.

I do have the Lyman and Hornady reloading manuals.

I’m always reading, so if you have any suggestions on books please let me know.

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s definitely a good start. I love all the books, I buy them all and use them all. A little note for the Enfield, if using brass fired from that rifle, neck size if possible. Chamber dimensions on those, and many milsurps, are all over the place. By neck sizing or working the brass as little as possible, you will extend your brass life.

Why were your overall lengths all over the place with 55gr bullets in your 223?

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    That’s definitely a good start. I love all the books, I buy them all and use them all. A little note for the Enfield, if using brass fired from that rifle, neck size if possible. Chamber dimensions on those, and many milsurps, are all over the place. By neck sizing or working the brass as little as possible, you will extend your brass life.

Why were your overall lengths all over the place with 55gr bullets in your 223?

JTD
    I was seating from the head to the tip, I now know how important it is to seat to the ogive.

Title
    howdy, welcome to the forum

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA Teacher View Post
    I was seating from the head to the tip, I now know how important it is to seat to the ogive.
    I had a funny feeling that’s what is was, but didn’t want to assume. That is a valuable lesson for new reloaders. Glad you got that one figured out.

JTD