Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Security is everywhere now. The church I provided arm security for wanted me in uniform with the patrol car parked out front. Had nothing to do with actual issues, they wanted to be proactive primarily due to all the children on site during service. Plain clothed volunteers covered the services, I protected the front and main entrances of the building. First line of defense.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    I have definitely never seen anyone in uniform. I never thought about all the kids and an abduction. I only thought of an anti-Christian attack. I guess it’s not something the small churches worry about where I live. Lots of people carry here. Thx for the info!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    I have definitely never seen anyone in uniform. I never thought about all the kids and an abduction. I only thought of an anti-Christian attack. I guess it’s not something the small churches worry about where I live. Lots of people carry here. Thx for the info!
    No problem!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    My church is small less than 100 on best days. Of that 45 are kids.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokeasajoke View Post
    My church is small less than 100 on best days. Of that 45 are kids.
    Mine has almost 100 kids at a service typically, 3 services a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    I didn't realize I had so many brothers and sisters here on this site.
    Private Contract Armed Security here, from Oklahoma.

Title
    Man... Cody I wish you lived close to Oklahoma City or Tulsa. I would put you to work tonight!
    It is a terrible thing that we are now needed in our churches... I thought it was bad enough to have to have police in our schools. The situation is so far out of control, no matter where you go...it breaks my heart to see all the communities that were once safe, wholesome, and friendly be the way they are today. Seems drugs are at the core root of most of the trouble I encounter. That and the self worshipping it's someone else's fault syndrome most that I deal with have.
    Ok enough ranting, I want to personally thank all of you volunteers who give your time and subject your own safety to protect your communities in whatever location you do so. As well as to my fellow officers who do it for a living. And Cody is right...all to often we who work security no matter what the field go unsung, and upraised. I for one however am proud and honored to stand with you fokes in protection against the forces that would harm those we watch over.