Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Hey, if you want to know how to get a .223, .308 or 300aac to key hole, I got great experience with those!
    I may hit you up for that one day. Lmao.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Well, that shoots a lot of my theories in the ass!
    This appears to be working on the realm of rpms per bullet length. Which I'm not up on.
    I think this is just turning out to be a finicky rifle.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    One thing I was thinking about trying is loading the bullet to 2.750”. Hornady book says load that bullet to 2.750”, I’ve loaded all my test loads to 2.800”. Maybe just maybe that might make a difference.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I just ordered some 150gr sst. After I’m done playing around with the 165’s I’m going to give these a whirl.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Just thinking . . . I have a bunch of the Sierra 155gr "Palma" bullets that I got way back when. They shoot great in any 308Win that I have tried them in,no matter the twist rate.
    They are just not a hunting bullet. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Just thinking . . . I have a bunch of the Sierra 155gr "Palma" bullets that I got way back when. They shoot great in any 308Win that I have tried them in,no matter the twist rate.
    They are just not a hunting bullet. --- SAWMAN
    I try to stay away from any type of match bullet, stick to just hunting bullets. As quirky as this gun is being, i sure have been having fun trying different things. Besides the 165 sst that I have been using and the 150 sst that I just ordered, I’ve got some 168 combined technology silver tips and 168 Speer Gold dots to try also.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I am also going to try a different scope mount than what is currently on it. This is what I have now.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a new scope mount today. It is very similar to the one in the picture above, but a much better quality product. I feel like the errant shots in my groups were due to the scope mount, so I will give this dnz one a try.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I just finished an AR308 build with an 18” barrel and an adjustable gas block.
    I tried a number of bullets with Varget as a powder. The best I found was 42gr of Varget with Hornady hp/bt 168gr match bullets (1” groups @ 100yds). I understand this wouldn’t be a hunting round, but it was the most accurate I got. Most everything else was 3” @ 100yds. I will be trying other bullets to find a hunting round.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion Rider View Post
    I just finished an AR308 build with an 18” barrel and an adjustable gas block.
    I tried a number of bullets with Varget as a powder. The best I found was 42gr of Varget with Hornady hp/bt 168gr match bullets (1” groups @ 100yds). I understand this wouldn’t be a hunting round, but it was the most accurate I got. Most everything else was 3” @ 100yds. I will be trying other bullets to find a hunting round.
    I finally got my hands on some more varget. I’m hoping this new scope mount cures my woes.

JTD