Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Neck Trimming Tool

Whats the best one? And is it necessary to trim necks?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Any one with carbide cutters should suffice as long as you are careful. Bottleneck cases will need to be trimmed when they approach max length so they will chamber properly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    I assume that you're talking trimming TTL and not turning the necks. If you do large lots of brass at a time, get one with a power adapter. If not, most brands do the job. I like my Lyman, but if you have a Lee press, their trimmer is a nice addition.

Title
    Premium Member
    No i have a lyman to trim length. Was looking into turning the necks, my OCD is getting the best of me in older age, lol. But havent ever done it before so didnt know what was a good setup to get. Will be trimming 6.5,7mm,300mag, 270wsm.

Title
    For a basic K&M set up, you can go with a steel pilot in what ever caliber desired, carbide cutter, and the body for about $85 and extra pilots for whatever caliber you choose. You'll also need a tool for measuring. I use a Sharps tube micrometer in a stand. It's entry level, but I'm still at the learning stage. 'Better' tools are available, of course,