Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Alaska

Title
    Premium Member

Alaska

I was a helicopter pilot for the Alaska Fish and Game (BEAR darting) and learned where the BEST hunting places were. Tanana flats where we jet boat in 45 miles on the slew where world record moose are taken to the north slopes where we took many caribou. I left there in 1989 when I flew for a company in Idaho that covered ID, WY, MT and UT. I now am live in Sequim WA, retired and trying to live through my Agent Orange Cancer and Heart problems (from Vietnam) that I am sure will beat me in the end. Hunting and fishing are the last great things to pass down to our children. I took 3 moose, 6 caribou, 1 interior griz, 2 coastal browns and TRIED for a kodiak but no luck.

Last edited by rumaco; 02-18-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Nul Bastardo Carborundum. 48th Assault Helicopter Company (Dong Ha) UH-1C gunships, I corps Vietnam (JOKERS)

Title
    Premium Member
    Sir, that seems like one heck of a career, and a lot of great hunting and fishing!

I've made a number of trips to Alaska, mostly fly fishing the silver run in September, near Cordova.

My goodness, what a place!

Sorry to learn of your Agent Orange related problems, you're not alone. And sir, thank you for your service in Vietnam!

Regards, Guy

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you for you service rumaco! Sorry to hear about your health. Are you still able to hunt and fish?

JTD