Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Powder dispensers.

Ok. I’m looking to upgrade my powder handling. I currently have the Lee perfect powder measure, the plastic one with changeable drums. Looking at moving up to a progressive press and want a better dispenser. I’ve looked at the Lee deluxe, RCBS uniflow, Hornady, lock n load. I like the Hornady with the changeable inserts. What’s your opinions. Will be mainly used for 380, 9, 40, 45 ACP, 223 and 308. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    I used to have a bunch of Lee powder measures. I got rid of all of them and switched to RCBS Uniflows. I’ve got close to a 1/2 dozen now. Also have a Redding.

The Redding will not adapt to a progressive press, but the RCBS sure will. Both Hornady and RCBS sell case activated linkage kits and are interchangeable between powder measures.

Title
    Premium Member
    Up until last fall I was using a case activated Hornady LNL on a Redding T7 turret press. I thought the Hornady was pretty good. I learned to keep an eye on the case activated linkage because it would work loose and charge weights would wander off. I sold the press and powder measure and bought a Dillon 550C so I started using Dillon's measure. To me, it's way better than the Hornady. Weights stay very consistent.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Up until last fall I was using a case activated Hornady LNL on a Redding T7 turret press. I thought the Hornady was pretty good. I learned to keep an eye on the case activated linkage because it would work loose and charge weights would wander off. I sold the press and powder measure and bought a Dillon 550C so I started using Dillon's measure. To me, it's way better than the Hornady. Weights stay very consistent.
    Thanks. I’ll have to look into the Dillion too.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have 7 Dillon powder measures, all of the old spring type. I can’t say they are the best available because I have not tried them all, but I am extremely happy with them. The only time I have a problem is on the rare occasion I use larger stick powders.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    Well I contacted Dillion. They say their powder measure won’t work on any other progressive press. Guess I’m back to the Hornady or the RCBS. Thanks

Title
    Premium Member
    Are they sure?

017 (2).JPG
    The old type does.
    The new type maybe not.

Big Eddy

Title
    Premium Member
    Looks like your using that on a single stage. I asked about a progressive.

Title
    Premium Member
    They are all threaded the same. It will work on any press SS, turret, and progressive as long as it has clearance.

Big Eddy

Title
    Premium Member
    I think the real issue is the case activation linkage. While looking at their site, it has an arm that rides on the front of the press. I’m guessing that would be the issue.