Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 50bmg

50bmg

Have been reloading for alot of years, but nothing this big. Anything special to know about?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    All the equipment needed (tools) will cost 3-5X as much for the 50BMG.
    The consumables will cost 3X as much for the 50BMG.
    Most ranges do not allow a 50BMG or if they do,they have different rules for the 50BMG.
    Shooting a 50BMG you need double hearing protection. Plugs and ears both.
    Due to the overpressure and blast,you should make sure that nobody stands besides you. Everyone should stand in back of you.
    Good Luck. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m assuming you are aware you have to look at every stage of the reloading process and purchase equipment that can handle it.

Once you get over that, it loads pretty much like any other caliber, just eats a lot of powder.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Title
    Premium Member
    you can get 635gr API from "The Ammo Store" for $29/100 bullets, plus shipping brings that to $47 thereabouts. finding Primers, now that's fun-sportsman's warehouse used to sell them-out of stock for Months now. Cabelas wants to sell 500 primers for almost $350. Try online is best I can tell you. Brass is getting harder to find also. Im trading with military friends to try and get more.

Title
    Premium Member
    And if you try to lowball, like I did and get a Lee .50 press "With Everything" for $400 plus shipping, do yourself a favor-get an RCBS priming tool. my lee destroyed itself after fewer than 20 rds, ruining 4 primers. Press handle is not anywhere Near strong enough, but it's replaceable. Take your sizing in Stages and you're ok-and lube WELL. My stuff is good Now, but at first-Oscar Mike Mike Foxtrot GULF!
    Good new is, it Came with the DIES, has an Integral shellholder, and can be used for smaller calibers.