Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Title
    Premium Member
    A little addition to this thread. Im trying to stay motivated to do the bedding job on this rifle. Been dragging my feet a bit and don’t enjoy working out in the heat of my garage. So this weekend from the comfort of AC I did some load development. I have a bunch of 215gr Sierra Gamekings that I figured I’d shoot up before working with the Barnes I want to use. This way I can get a good feel for this rifle while I break in the barrel and rough sight-in.

I had some issues with the CH seater die as I set it up three different times and had three failed attempts. I resorted to doing it the old fashioned way. Screwed the die into the press until I felt it contact with the case.
    I had some successes at last. Pulled the bullets and recycled everything but the cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I hate crushing brass

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I hate crushing brass

JTD
    Same here! Especially something that I’ve just put in the work to get it started on the right step. All of my .338-06 brass is once-fired Remington brass but still kicks me in the teeth a bit to throw brass in the recycling bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk