Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member

Drying Brass

My Whirlpool dryer came with a rack that fits inside the drum and provides flt surface that does not move when the dryer is running. The rack has slots larger than any cases I load so I put tool box drawer liner on it. It's similar to expanded metal with lots of openings that allow the warm air to flow through it while keeping the cases in place. I run the dryer for about 20 minutes and the brass comes out cool enough to handle and dry as a bone without getting discolored by heat. I can pick up the edges of the liner and lift it out leaving the rack in place and dump the brass into a container without dropping a piece. I can fit everything that will fit in my tumbler on the rack.

Whirlpool dryer drums are open on the front and the rear so the rack can sit in there and not move. I've used a dryer to dry my brass since the early 80's when all we did was rinse the brass off before lubing and loading them up.

I used a partial container of clean dry brass for an example when I took these photos.

resized.jpgresized2.jpgresized3.jpg

Title
    Franklin Arsenal dryer, works great !

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeblake53 View Post
    Franklin Arsenal dryer, works great !
    What I've got too. Looks the same as food dehydrator. I would get whatever is less money. Only thing I wish it had on it is a timer. I put it on a plug in timer.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    After wet tumbling and separating brass from media, I put them in my vibratory tumbler with corn cob media for 1 1/2 hours, about half way through I spray a little liquid wax into the media to help keep them from any tarnish. I know, it's a long tedious process, but every time I dried them differently, they would tarnish on me, and I like them nice and shinny!