Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    lyman also,its my first one and loaded up 50 test 9mm last weekend(first reloads) priming them was simple easy and fast and not a issue one.

Title
    Premium Member
    I like the older round tray Lee. I seem to get a better "feel" with it. A lot of people tell me that they are prone to failure but has not happened yet after many thousands of cases primed, although I have acquired spares just in case. I also have an RCBS bench mount and APS universal tool but the Lee is my go to.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve had 3 lee hand primers, all broke. I used a Sinclair hand primer for a bunch of years, it is great but expensive ( and a pain to change shell holders on). Now I’m using the Frankford arsenal for everything, so far so good.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a RCBS benchtop primr....can't remember the name of it. Has the tubes, not the strips. I love it. Works great and can be very fast.

Title
    Premium Member
    Yep, same here. Have had one for years and a couple years ago found 1 plus some parts at a yard sale for a couple dollars. Have one set for large and one for small and spare parts to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog View Post
    I like the older round tray Lee. I seem to get a better "feel" with it. A lot of people tell me that they are prone to failure but has not happened yet after many thousands of cases primed, although I have acquired spares just in case. I also have an RCBS bench mount and APS universal tool but the Lee is my go to.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the RCBS, Lee and Frankford Arsenal hand primers. I love RCBS products (99% of my loading bench is RCBS), but it's my least favorite hand primer. It's just not smooth to operate. I have used the Lee hand primer and love it. It's smooth and quick to change out shell plates or switch between small and large primers. I purchased the Frankford Arsenal hand primer about a year ago because I wanted something I could set a depth on. It is my go to hand primer now. Very smooth, well built and a ton of leverage. It does seem to me the Frankford works better for someone with large hands, but not required. If your 13 year old son is going to be using it I would suggest the Lee or take the chance on the Frankford and let him grow in to it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman75 View Post
    I have the RCBS, Lee and Frankford Arsenal hand primers. I love RCBS products (99% of my loading bench is RCBS), but it's my least favorite hand primer. It's just not smooth to operate. I have used the Lee hand primer and love it. It's smooth and quick to change out shell plates or switch between small and large primers. I purchased the Frankford Arsenal hand primer about a year ago because I wanted something I could set a depth on. It is my go to hand primer now. Very smooth, well built and a ton of leverage. It does seem to me the Frankford works better for someone with large hands, but not required. If your 13 year old son is going to be using it I would suggest the Lee or take the chance on the Frankford and let him grow in to it.
    I love this thing. Thanks for the input. My son digs it too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E75bug View Post
    I love this thing. Thanks for the input. My son digs it too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    It’s a great tool

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I switched from the lee to an RCBS that uses APS strips and i love it. The only time i mangle a primer is when I miss a crimped primer pocket. Even then I usually feel it before I mess anything up.