Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Hand priming tool...

Looking for ergonomics and smooth operation. I currently have my 13 year old son do this on my single stage, but there's too much whining. I have Lee, Hornady, and RCBS shell holders.
    Which do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I use the frankford arsenal. It comes with all the shell holders, is adjustable for depth, and comes with the large and small anvil. It has enough leverage to make the job pretty effortless. I have primed thousands of cases with it, 10s of thousands probably and it still runs like a sewing machine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought the Frankford arsenal hand primer last year. Very glad I did. It uses the same shell holders that the lee hand primer uses, and comes with its own set. That would be the one I would recommend.

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by E75bug View Post
    Looking for ergonomics and smooth operation. I currently have my 13 year old son do this on my single stage, but there's too much whining. I have Lee, Hornady, and RCBS shell holders.
    Which do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Love my RCBS!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I like the RCBS Universal. You don't need shell holders and it handles a huge number of calibers.

Title
    Premium Member
    I might have to look into that frankford arsenal one. I have the rcbs that came with my kit but I hate having to swap out the shell holders from it back onto the press. I have also had to come up with a custom solution to keep the cover tight on the primer tray so the primers don't flip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    I have the Lee hand primer and I’m not impressed. I want to upgrade at some point but the problem I have is the operation. The angle and position it has your hand isn’t very comfy and it’s not a smooth squeeze with nice and tight primer pockets. The shell holders for it have a lot of slop and when run into a tight pocket there’s a chance you’ll deform the rim of your case. Just my experience with it but it beats doing it on the press

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I have the Lee hand primer and I’m not impressed. I want to upgrade at some point but the problem I have is the operation. The angle and position it has your hand isn’t very comfy and it’s not a smooth squeeze with nice and tight primer pockets. The shell holders for it have a lot of slop and when run into a tight pocket there’s a chance you’ll deform the rim of your case. Just my experience with it but it beats doing it on the press
    I have 2 of the Lees laying around that I don't use. I will be loaning them to my BIL shortly. I didn't enjoy them that much either.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have 3 Lees and a few others, but I have given up on them as I get older and my hands can’t keep up. I now use RCBS APS and I like it a lot. Although it is a little $$$.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    I’ve tried a couple, but I like my lymen best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro