Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Other Hobbies?

Title
    Premium Member

Other Hobbies?

Some pictures of my artistic outlet. 1/35 scale military models, mostly WWII era.

Anybody else have other interesting hobbies?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Who has any money left to do other hobbies?? jk I love building AR15s for myself and for friends who are interested and because I have all the tools required. They’re super easy and you can go as cheap or expensive as you want. I recently did a Polymer80 build and loved it. I’d like to do more to be honest! Other that that not a whole lot else that isn’t shooting related. Cool models btw!

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    I tried to spend time in the woods, camping or just walking around. We have 5 antique cars, if I had any money left over, I could work on them. Wife and I enjoy working in the wood shop together, she turns pens, and I get to do all of the prep and assembly. That about covers it. Other then work. Never enough time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Premium Member
    I missed all of the last season drag racing because of my new job and working nearly every weekend.

Almost the same with duck hunting, only went twice this last season but still did manage to do big game and ground squirrels as hunting and shooting is probably the same hobby most of us have along with reloading. Shot 667 ground squirrels in 3 days though big game was a bust this year.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    I missed out on hunting and shooting all last year. I had a shoulder injury and had surgery in December. Now I'm able to shoot again. The boss and I are going hog hunting very soon. I can't wait. I'll definitely post pics of our hogs.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I am always messing with, making or designing something. Have my small gun/reloading shop, small metal working shop and small wood working shop. Have rebuilt almost all the major machinery myself. Make things I want that do not exist. Keeps me busy.

I have no idea what the hell I am doing.
    So I just keep shooting. It all works out in the end.

Title
    Premium Member

FISHING! I enjoy making leaders, testing crimps and knots.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    After a 15 year hiatus, I finally knocked the dust off the ole girl .... and spent a crap ton of money to get her ready. 11.jpg

Just send it Nancy

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Barnes View Post
    After a 15 year hiatus, I finally knocked the dust off the ole girl .... and spent a crap ton of money to get her ready. 11.jpg
    Super cool. 5.92 in the eighth, pretty fast. We mostly run quarter up here. Pontiac or Chev motor?

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell