Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

300 BLK Rainier 180gr hp subs

Has any found a good load for the Rainier 180 hp in the 300 blk subs. I purchased 250 from Wes several months back and figured it's about time to load them. Looking over the net I see nothing but bad stories on folks finding a load that works in the ar platform. I'm using 10.5" suppressed. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    If I remember right, Rainier said 10.2gr of H110 was the load they worked up for Noveske
    A quick call to them would yield the answer I am sure

Title
    I've found that 10.3gn of A1680 works well. Average speed is 1000fps out of my 10.5" 300BO. Seat to 2.100 to 2.120". What I've been learning about the 300, is getting the crimp just right is the trick for me. Lee Factory crimp die works wonders.

Title
    I've got 50 of these loaded up for the range tonight. Lil' Gun and 1680 powders, 25 of each, with 5 rounds of 5 charges. I'm loading them pretty short (2.035 OAL), my barrel seems to have a super short lead in the rifling. Manually cycling them at that length, I get 100% function. Get them much longer than that and I start having to bump them home with the FA, and they are sticky when running the charge handle.

All will be run over the Magnetospeed, looking for BHO and stability out of my 10" barrel. No can yet. Also will have the adjustable gas block wide open. I will tune it down once I nail down a load for 1000ish FPS and put the can on it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearintex View Post
    I've got 50 of these loaded up for the range tonight. Lil' Gun and 1680 powders, 25 of each, with 5 rounds of 5 charges. I'm loading them pretty short (2.035 OAL), my barrel seems to have a super short lead in the rifling. Manually cycling them at that length, I get 100% function. Get them much longer than that and I start having to bump them home with the FA, and they are sticky when running the charge handle.

All will be run over the Magnetospeed, looking for BHO and stability out of my 10" barrel. No can yet. Also will have the adjustable gas block wide open. I will tune it down once I nail down a load for 1000ish FPS and put the can on it.
    Look forward to seeing your results!

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearintex View Post

Started with Remington 220 factory subs to zero the scope and function check. Fire, eject fine, load next round fine, but no BHO. I expect that to change with the added back pressure of the can. Velocity was all over the place, from 950 to 1120.

Next up was A1680 rounds. Velocity was disappointing all the way up to 10.1 grains, which only gave me a 920 average. My barrel is 10.5”. Accuracies were meh at best, but getting better the faster it went. The 10.1 load shot about 2” at 50 yards. This barrel shoots the Tac-TX supers pretty good, about an inch, inch and a quarter at 100, so I know it is good. Function was zero. Had not a single shot pick up the next round, with quite a few failing to eject.

Lil’Gun wasn’t much better. Loaded up to 8.0 grains, with them getting to 1050, but still no round picked up for any of them, and of course no BHO.

Going to try again with higher charges of 1680. Also going to play some with buffers. I honestly don’t even know which one is in this lower. I’m going to pull all of them out , weigh them and test with all. It is a pistol gas with a .100ish gas port, I need to measure it.

All loads were stable out of the 1/8 twist barrel, even at 760 FPS. I will have the can with me next trip and after I get the velocity where it needs to be I will mount the can for better function testing.

Title
    Back today with the can. 11 grains of 1680 yielded 985 average without the can on, but still no BHO. Added the can, and the extra back pressure made it 100% functional. Ended up turning the gas black down until it didn’t hold it open, then back out a half turn. 3 consecutive shots with the bolt staying open to confirm, then ripped off 5 in a row. Zero hiccups. Wasn’t really trying for accuracy, but it put most everything in a 6” group at 100.

Lilgun refused to function.