Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

600 yard 6 Creedmoor Results

Finally got some rounds downrange at 600 yards with the 6 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle! I am very pleased. Shot from the bench, with the rifle on a Harris bipod, no rear bag. Ammo was my handloaded 108 gr Hornady ELD Match bullets with H4350. I had removed the muzzle brake and did notice a little more muzzle jump, despite the weight of the rifle.

Set up the rifle, on the bipod, with no rear bag. Had to clear snow off the bench!

The Vortex. I'm finally happy with it. Great scope for this rifle!

600 yard target, some of my last few shots after I'd found my 600 yard dope today. I'm pretty sure I pulled that one high and left. Feeling good about that:

Spent most of my time banging this steel gong at 600 yards. Sure was fun! I hadn't shot 600 yards in quite a while.

All in all, I'm happy with the rifle, the scope, the load, and even myself. Didn't even try prone today, was having too much fun from the bench.
    Felt good to get some rounds downrange from 600 again.

Guy

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Loc

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaco View Post
    Loc
    Location? The NCW Gun Club East Wenatchee, Washington. We just celebrated our 70th year as "Home of the Windbuckers."

It's a good club. Been a member for over 20 years now.

Regards, Guy

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Location? The NCW Gun Club East Wenatchee, Washington. We just celebrated our 70th year as "Home of the Windbuckers."

It's a good club. Been a member for over 20 years now.

Regards, Guy
    What's it take to join? I'm in Spokane and am always looking for places to shoot.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    What's it take to join? I'm in Spokane and am always looking for places to shoot.

Come to one of our "new member orientation" evenings, most Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. Takes about an hour. We take $80 cash or credit card. Membership will be good through August 31st. You'll leave with a membership card and a card-key for the electronic gate.

Club calendar, to check and be sure we're having the orientation is at www.ncwgunclub.com

Regards, Guy

Title
    Premium Member
    Well, for some reason I can't edit that. Not sure why I typed "credit card" - we DON'T take cards. Cash or check.

Regards, Guy

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Well, for some reason I can't edit that. Not sure why I typed "credit card" - we DON'T take cards. Cash or check.

Regards, Guy
    Cool! Thanks for the information!

Title
    Premium Member
    Great shooting. Looks like that rifle, scope, ammo combination is a winner. How much elevation did you have to dial up for 600yds?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Great shooting. Looks like that rifle, scope, ammo combination is a winner. How much elevation did you have to dial up for 600yds?

JTD
    Went up 11 MOA from my 100 yard zero, for the 600 yard shooting. Strelok indicated 11.3 MOA, so I tried 11.5 at first, but it was just a little high.

Am now loading some ammo with Superformance powder, and the 108 gr Hornady bullet:

Odd new cartridge and silly little bullets too.

Not sure I can handle the change & excitement!

Guy