Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Primer Crimp Removal

So I just finished watching a reloading video on YouTube and the guy was using an RCBS military crimp removal tool on a cordless drill. I probably knew about this tool, but overlooked it for one reason or another a few years back when I bought a primer swager. I searched the forum before posting this, but didn’t come up with much. Soooooo, what do you all use for removing primer crimps? With everyone doing bulk loading of common rounds nowadays, there’s gotta be a wide variety of opinions on this matter. I have used a primer pocket swager for the majority of my .223 brass, but I do remember a few years back when I started that I got the job done with a chamfer/debuting tool from Lee. Ok, enough babble, what do you use and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Dillon Super Swage. Works great. It's $$$, but my friend bought it for me on my B-Day.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    I use the RCBS military crimp removal tool chucked in a drill. For me it was a quick fast cheap option and I bought it local which meant no wait for me. It may be more time consuming (but it really is pretty quick) but it’s a one and done thing. Processing 1000+? Sure it may be an all day chore but after you shouldn’t have to use the tool on the brass again. Plus it’s small and easily stored away taking no bench space

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    If I was going to be doing a lot of crimped brass the Dillon Super Swage would be my choice.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneeMicelli View Post
    If I was going to be doing a lot of crimped brass the Dillon Super Swage would be my choice.
    That’s what I use. Started with the CH4D unit, but switched to the Dillon recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    I use an RCBS swager on the press. I kinda hate it, and it takes a while to process through a large batch, but it does a fantastic job of removing the crimp.

I've been considering the Dillon super swage. I may spring for it once I move up to a progressive press.